The Tesco Winter Food Collection will take place from 18th to 20th November and will provide extra food for people in need this Christmas. Help FareShare Midlands and fight local food poverty by donating food and volunteering your time.
How To Get Involved:You can help FareShare Midlands by:
- volunteering 3 hours of your time at your local Tesco store, to greet customers and ask them to donate
- visiting your local Tesco store to donate one or more items of non-perishable food and toiletries
- helping to spread the word and create awareness on social media - please share our posts on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or LinkedIn
Visit the FareShare UK website to sign up for your shift:
- anyone who is at increased risk of severe illness from Coronavirus (Covid-19) is strongly advised not to volunteer
- anyone identified as extremely vulnerable, who has been advised by their health authority to previously follow the guidance on shielding and protecting extremely vulnerable people, is strongly advised not to volunteer
- anyone living with a person who is at increased risk of severe illness, or an extremely vulnerable person, is strongly advised not to volunteer
Visiting Your Local Tesco StoreWhat To Buy:
- Tinned Fish
- Tinned Meat & Pies
- Cooking Sauces
- Tinned Tomatoes & Vegetables
- Dried & Tinned Pulses
- Rice, Pasta & Noodles
- Tinned Soup
- Tea Bags & Instant Coffee
- Tinned Fruit & Puddings
How This Helps:The food you collect or donate will be transported to the nearest FareShare Regional Centre. From there, we will deliver the food to frontline charities and community groups supporting vulnerable people who are struggling to put food on the table this Christmas.
You can read about the Summer Collection in this article:
We hope you enjoy being a #FoodHero at the UK's largest food collection!