FareShare works with hundreds of organisations across the food industry to obtain their surplus ingredients, using this food to supply our network of charities across the UK.
Here are a selection of delicious, cost effective recipes using surplus food, some basic ingredients, and requiring minimal fuss.
Use the drop-down menus to find the ingredient that you wish to cook with, select your dietary requirement and difficulty level, or try the search box to look through our recipe titles.
Fundraising Officer (Supporter Care & Data and Information Systems) LE18, NG7, B7, LN5Salary: £24,000 per annum
Location: Options include Leicester, Birmingham, Nottingham, Chesterfield, Lincolnshire with Hybrid Flexible Working
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, some Saturday and Bank Holiday working may be required
Benefits: 25 days holiday, pro-rata, 5.5% Employer Pension Contribution including Life Cover, Occupational Sick Pay Benefits &
Enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity Leave and Pay, plus more
Reporting to: Fundraising Manager (Trusts and Grants)
FareShare Midlands is the region’s largest food redistribution charity, fighting food poverty and hunger by tackling waste. We source good quality food that is surplus to requirements from retailers and manufacturers. We rely on an army of volunteers to help redistribute this food to 550 frontline charities such as school breakfast clubs, community centres and organisations supporting those who are homeless, unemployed, socially isolated and recovering from addiction. These organisations provide meals and food parcels to more than 70,000 vulnerable people every week.
About FareShare Midlands
Find out more: https://faresharemidlands.org.uk.
The Fundraising Officer will maximise the potential of our fundraising CRM system, deliver on public fundraising. The role will work strategically across the teams to deliver the right funding for the right work. Working closely with the Fundraising Manager maintaining the CRM system, delivering first class supporter care and developing relationships to ensure future support.
- Develop, manage and maintain efficient and effective data information management processes, systems and recording in support of the work and aims of the Fundraising team
- Manage Fundraising Team databases, systems and processes
- Ensure supporter donations and interaction are accurately recorded on the fundraising database and that donors receive information in a timely and appropriate manner
- Manage the fundraising database, working across teams to ensure that internal stakeholders are appropriately trained, understand the benefits and are actively using the system where required.
Key duties and responsibilitiesSupporter Database Management and Administration
- Create and maintain efficient processes for managing and recording fundraising
- enquiries, information on the CRM system
- Ensure supporter donations are accurately recorded and maintained
- Develop a system to record income accurately across income streams and ensure income is coded correctly
- Update supporter mailing preferences and Gift Aid records, and manage the gift aid claims to HMRC working with finance teams to provide information quarterly
- Respond to enquiries from the general public and the FareShare Midlands network about fundraising activities, work closely with other teams to ensure enquiries are dealt with quickly and effectively
- Record and update supporter information such as Gift Aid declarations, direct debit mandates, data protection opt outs, legacy pledges and other personal information in line with the GDPR
- Update online fundraising pages e.g. JustGiving and other online platforms as required
- Work with teams across the organisation to deliver appropriate training on Donorfy and support information management
- Developing segmented mailing lists working with communications team to ensure Mailchimp and Donorfy are up to date
- Reporting of income and pipeline activities to SMT lead, and weekly updates on applications and committed income.
- Lead the monitoring and evaluation of fundraising activity to inform future campaigns and strategy Planning and organisation of fundraising training activities and events e.g. webinars
- Write funding progress and end of grant reports, liaising with relevant departments to obtain necessary data / information
Person Specification - Skills, Qualities & ExperienceEssential
- Excellent administrative skills including a using a range of applications particularly Microsoft Office packages and databases
- Good verbal and written communication and customer care skills
- Highly organised with a strong attention to detail
- Good problem solving skills and initiative to query and correct information
- Knowledge and experience of a CRM database system and managing data
- Ability to prioritise workload and manage own time effectively to meet deadlines
- A strong team player who is able to work across the organisation and contribute effectively to the goals of FareShare Midlands
- Experience of working or volunteering in a charitable organsisation
- Good grasp of Data protection (GDPR) and its applications
Values and behaviours
- A commitment to Equal Opportunities
- An appreciation of FareShare Midlands’ mission and vision
- Flexibility of approach and ability to work in a team
- Proven ability to develop and maintain good working relations, with both internal and external audiences
- The roleholder will be required to work flexibly. The role provides a mixture of home-working, outreach work and working in our regional centre offices
How to ApplyIf you would like to apply for this role, please create a supporting statement to demonstrate your suitability and to explain your interest in both the job and FareShare Midlands. Send your supporting statement with a copy of your CV to
We continue to strive to ensure that the profile of our staff and volunteers reflects the diverse communities we serve across the Midlands. As such we encourage and welcome applications from all our communities. We particularly welcome applications from people from ethnically diverse backgrounds as they are currently under-represented within FareShare Midlands.
Closing date for receipt of applications is Sunday 14th August 2022, 12 Midnight.
Interviews will take place week commencing 5th September 2022.