Sign up to FareShare Go
Our FareShare Go service works with Tesco, Asda, Waitrose, Booker and KFC to give charities, schools and community groups access to end of day surplus food for free.
The food is good quality food that can no longer be sold for a variety of reasons, such as damaged packaging or a short-shelf life. This doesn’t have an impact on the standard or safety of the food items available. Food available often includes bread, eggs and fresh fruit. It will always be within its use by date and is perfectly good to eat.
Once you’re signed up, FareShare Go will match you with your local store or restaurant where you can collect food every week. Using our app, you will receive a notification on your chosen collection day to let you know what food is available. Once you've accepted your food offer, you simply pop into store and pick up the food from a friendly member of staff
The FareShare team delivering food supplies.
Can my organisation receive food?
In order to receive food, your organisation must demonstrate that you are fit to provide a safe food service to your users. Don’t worry, we can help you reach these standards if you are not quite there yet.
- Register with the Environmental Health Office (EHO)
- Be equipped to safely receive, store, prepare and serve or redistribute food
- Staff supervising food handling and preparation must hold the IEHO Basic Food Hygiene Course Certificate (or equivalent)
- Staff and volunteers handling food must be trained to do so safely
- Adhere to food safety legislation and current good practice