Salary: £24000 per annum
Location: Options include Leicester, Birmingham, Nottingham, Chesterfield, Lincolnshire with Hybrid Flexible Working
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, some Saturday and Bank Holiday working may be required
Benefits: 25 days holiday, pro-rata, 5% Employer Pension Contribution including Life Cover, Occupational Sick Pay Benefits & Enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity Leave and Pay, plus more
Reporting to: Fundraising Manager – Corporate Partnerships
FareShare Midlands is the region’s largest food redistribution charity, fighting food poverty and hunger by tackling waste. We source good quality food that is surplus to requirements from retailers and manufacturers. We rely on an army of volunteers to help redistribute this food to 550 frontline charities such as school breakfast clubs, community centres and organisations supporting those who are homeless, unemployed, socially isolated and recovering from addiction. These organisations provide meals and food parcels to more than 35,000 vulnerable people every week.
To grow fundraised income, in particular through corporate partnerships and donations, driving forward our ambitious and challenging Fundraising Strategy by helping to grow our portfolio of corporate partners, trust, grant and foundations and community supporters.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Maintain and develop identified contacts within the existing portfolio of corporate relationships including providing excellent account management and stewardship activities
- Research potential corporate supporters and plan and deliver engaging approaches to them to secure support for FSM
- Identify, secure and develop new corporate partnership opportunities, focusing on corporate donations, sponsorship opportunities, employee fundraising, Charity of the Year partnerships, payroll giving and gifts in kind.
- Support the development of a compelling business proposition for local and regional companies to grow corporate financial support and employee engagement, as well as explore how FSM can benefit from in-kind support
- Work collaboratively with colleagues across the organisation to identify opportunities for corporate support
- Manage related administration, including recording of income, banking, thanking and reporting for donations received, updating our Fundraising relationship management system, Donorfy, with key contacts and information.
Person Specification - Skills, Qualities & Experience
Essential Skills and Experience
- 12 months’ experience (work or volunteering) in communications, marketing, fundraising, sales, account management or relationship-building
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to form good working relations, both internally and externally
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to manage time, prioritise and plan effectively
- A strong team player who is able to work across the organisation and contribute effectively to the goals of FareShare Midlands
- Commercial awareness with knowledge of corporate sectors in the midlands region
- Experience in developing high quality, coherent and thorough proposals and/or pitches
Values and behaviours
- A commitment to Equal Opportunities
- An appreciation of FareShare Midlands’ mission and strategy
- Flexibility of approach and ability to work in a team
- Proven ability to develop and maintain good working relations, with both internal and external audiences
- The roleholder will be required to work flexibly. The role provides a mixture of home-working, outreach work and working in our regional centre offices
How to Apply:
If you would like to apply for this role, please create a supporting statement to demonstrate your suitability and to explain your interest in both the job and FareShare Midlands. Send your supporting statement with a copy of your CV to
We continue to strive to ensure that the profile of our staff and volunteers reflects the diverse communities we serve across the Midlands. As such we encourage and welcome applications from all our communities. We particularly welcome applications from people from ethnically diverse backgrounds as they are currently under-represented within FareShare Midlands.
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 8th July 2022, 12 Noon.
Interviews will take place week commencing 11 July 2022.