Community Development Officer, Midlands, LN5, NG5, LE18, B7, S42
About FareShare Midlands
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with local partners, stakeholders and members to understand their needs and deliver a fantastic service, including visits to projects where required
- Retain, develop and grow Community Food Membership across the Midlands, taking the lead with our ‘Key Account’ holders to ensure they receive excellent customer service
- Support with the co-ordination of projects within the Development team
- Take the lead in scoping and designing a FSM holiday offer, giving partners and members a competitive and attractive option utilising surplus food, with the aim of securing holiday provision orders across the Midlands.
- Work closely with the Operations, Development and Supply Chain teams to coordinate the delivery of a complex school holiday programme across multiple sites and geographic areas of the Midlands
- Lead the project management of the programme, coordinating teams, keeping accurate records, updating project databases and timelines accordingly and reporting to senior management
- Support the supply chain team with sourcing suitable food for the programme, including procuring food where necessary
- Prepare reports and provide information to funders, Senior Managers and stakeholders as required/agreed
- Contribute to funding applications focusing on the generation of funds to support FareShare Midlands activity
- Contribute to social media, marketing and communications to promote the work of the charity, including creating case study content
- Support the implementation of high quality customer care protocols and processes towards our Community Food Members.
- Ensure record keeping and database systems are up to date.
- Undertake other duties appropriate to the nature of the post as stipulated by your line manager
Person Specification - Skills, Qualities & Experience
- Proven ability to form good working relations, both internally and externally, and develop sustainable partnerships
- Experience of managing projects across teams
- Excellent communication skills, particularly presentations and verbal communication with external stakeholders.
- Established numeracy skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work on own initiative and to meet objectives and tight deadlines under pressure
- Strong organisation skills
- Computer literate – Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Workspace, CRMs.
- Ability to work in collaboration with internal teams and external stakeholders.
- Can drive and have access to a vehicle – willing to travel
- Ability to work flexible hours in accordance to charity needs
- A moral commitment to FareShare core values as an organisation
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Be Degree or higher in environmental, sustainability or development fields
- Established experience in securing new business and income generation and/or business development.