We were aiming to raise £50,000 - enough money to fund an additional 200,000 meals this Christmas, for vulnerable individuals and families across the Midlands struggling with the cost of living crisis.
WATCH OUR VIDEO - WHO YOUR DONATION WILL HELP
Q&A - WHY YOU NEED TO DONATE TODAY
- 7 million adults in the UK are living in households where food is not available.
- These households include 2.6 million children.
- FareShare Midlands is raising funds to distribute 200,000 meals to families living in poverty this Christmas.
- Each £20 donated will provide 160 meals.
FareShare Midlands takes surplus food from the food industry and redistributes it to over 500 charities and community groups across the region. This food is a vital lifeline to over 67,000 of the poorest and most vulnerable people in the region. 96% of these charities have seen an increase in demand since January due to the cost of living crisis, 70% are seeing new people accessing support for the first time and 87% are worried about meeting demand at Christmas.
Your support will allow us to increase the number of charity partners such as community pantries and cafes we can collaborate with, and increase our capacity to store and distribute more food, which is needed now more than ever.
- Read: FareShare Midlands Big Give Christmas Challenge to Provide 200,000 Meals to People in Need
- Read: As the Cost of Living Continues to Rise, FareShare Midlands Remains Determine to Help Local Charities Feed People In Need
- Read: Cost of Living Crisis - CFM Survey October 2022
You can still donate to FareShare Midlands: DONATE HERE